Wednesday, November 12, 2008

[Act. 3] Placement Evaluation

Activity 3:

After completing work placement at i98 fm I can comfortably say that I would go back and work for free without a second thought. I learnt so much from every person that I worked with while I was there and they all talked to me as an equal even though I have no training what-so-ever. As I have said in a previous blog; I kept learning new things from pricing to how to run the recording equipment, the list is almost endless.

The fact that I went into almost every single sector of the radio production amazes me, i98 fm was a awesome place to do work experience because they actually let you experience it all, not just the general radio presenting part of it. I even suprisingly got told on an occasion that I have a naturally clear comical radio voice by Ryan Cram. I even got complemented by the multi-award winning Rob Sharples for my “impeccable eye for grammar” and “enthusiasm towards all projects.”

Work placement at i98 fm has pointed me in the direction I have been desperately trying to find for a year. Due to their personal experience in the business they recommended that I complete a short course at AFTRS and then apply for the radio course that I wish to complete as they look highly upon students that have studied there previously and due to limited positions in the radio course it will put my application above those whom have not done so.

I think that work placement has actually made me more outgoing that I was before it, due to the nature of the people I was surrounded by and I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of it.

No comments: