Wednesday, November 12, 2008

[Act. 2] Workplacement Entries - 5

BLOG #5

While on work placement at i98 fm my role was mainly to observe due to my lack of qualifications, however I was able to assist in a few sectors of the station at one time or another:
* I was on air with Ryan Cram
* I assisted with the Street Fleet’s duties for 4 hours
* I helped create a creative script with Rob Sharples
* I helped analyse what needed to be altered with voice acting for a trial run of an advertisement in the music studio
* I assisted Fairlie and Maje come up with prizes for their upcoming new year’s resolutions giveaway
* I assisted with the screening of listener request hour calls
When I carried out these activities I had to be careful to ensure I too followed the same ethical and legal requirements that all staff at the station needed to follow.

Through entire time that I took part in work placement at the station I kept learning new things. I became aware of the costs for advertising at certain times – such as gold hour, I briefly learnt about the different sound and recording equipment in the studios, I was briefed on the statistics of wave fm [their competition] in comparison to i98 fm and I became aware of other avenues I can follow to get into the career of radio telecast [as I wish to pursue this as a career].

No comments: